Ensure home insurance covers accidents on Bonfire Night

Wednesday, 03 November 2010

If you're planning on having a small-scale fireworks display this November 5th, you need to make sure your home insurance covers any accidents which may occur, it has been advised.

Most home and contents insurance providers offer personal liability protection of around £2 million but it is vital to check the small print on your policy, moneysupermarket.com suggests.

Julie Owens, head of home insurance at the price comparison site, said: "For those planning a fireworks party at home, it is essential to ensure your home insurance policy is up to date and that you have adequate personal liability cover.

"In the event of an accident such as someone getting burnt on the bonfire, you could find yourself liable for any injury or damage if you are not covered by insurance. In addition, you could find yourself facing a hefty payout."

Home insurance policyholders living in London may need to be extra vigilant this Bonfire Night as firefighters in the city have threatened to strike on the day, in a move ministers have branded "reckless".

Posted by Claire Carter 

ADNFCR-640-ID-800157456-ADNFCR© Adfero Ltd

News Home

Need Home Insurance?

Swiftcover has made it easy to buy home insurance. Get a quote now and only pay for the cover you really need!
Find out more about home insurance

Swiftcover and swiftcover.com are both trading names of AXA Insurance UK plc, which is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority